TERMS & CONDITIONS
Online Class Waiver
By joining our Zoom online classes, you are acknowledging and agreeing that:
- TDC Zoom class links and passwords are for personal use only. Sharing of any links is not permitted to ensure the privacy and security of all.
- Dancers will take responsibility for the safety of their space and their movements.
- Dancers participate at their own risk. Dance is a physical activity and although rare, injury may occur. The Dance Collective is not responsible or liable for any injury that may occur during class.
- Classes are monitored by The Dance Collective and may be recorded and archived for both dancer safety and publicity purposes.
- All material is copyright and has not been approved for sharing. Direct recording of the class is not permitted.
In addition, parents/guardians acknowledge and agree that all under 18 year old’s:
- Have gained parental/guardian permission to be online with TDC.
- Have adequate adult supervision during online classes. This is essential to managing any potential injuries and online security risks.
- Are wearing age appropriate clothing that is suitable for dance.
Tips for using TDC ONLINE
BACK TO TOP
- Clear a safe space to dance. Identify and remove hazards such as - sharp objects, corners or spills on the floor. We have adapted our movements to cater for spaces big and small.
- We recommend:
a) Using a laptop so dancers can access ‘gallery view,’ enabling them to see their full class on one screen.
b) Connecting your device to an external speaker for optimal sound (for example a portable blue tooth speaker).
c) Connecting your device to your television for a bigger screen display.
- Set up your screen close to eye height and that when you step back your teacher can see your full body. This will enable them to give feedback.
- Light yourself from in front rather than behind.
- Anticipate communication and movement lags. The internet is experiencing higher volumes of traffic while everyone is at home. This effects everyone in different ways, at different times.
- Generally dancers will be “on mute” to ensure the best quality of sound. Your teacher will decide the best time to bring your sound on. Non-verbal signals will be used to help with the flow and efficiency of class.
- Dress the part! Wear exactly as you would in class, including hair tied back and no jewellery.
- Have a bottle of water ready to go.