SETUP & TIPS
BACK TO TOP
- Clear a safe space to dance. Identify and remove hazards such as - sharp objects, corners or spills on the floor. We have adapted our movements to cater for spaces big and small.
- We recommend:
a) Using a laptop so dancers can access ‘gallery view,’ enabling them to see their full class on one screen.
b) Connecting your device to an external speaker for optimal sound (for example a portable blue tooth speaker).
c) Connecting your device to your television for a bigger screen display.
- Set up your screen close to eye height and that when you step back your teacher can see your full body. This will enable them to give feedback.
- Light yourself from in front rather than behind.
- Anticipate communication and movement lags. The internet is experiencing higher volumes of traffic while everyone is at home. This effects everyone in different ways, at different times.
- Generally dancers will be “on mute” to ensure the best quality of sound. Your teacher will decide the best time to bring your sound on. Non-verbal signals will be used to help with the flow and efficiency of class.
- Dress the part! Wear exactly as you would in class, including hair tied back and no jewellery.
- Have a bottle of water ready to go.